Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ebony's colourful skirt


Hi there.


My 7 yo daughter Ebony requested a colourful skirt with red and pink in it.


We went to Spotlight last weekend and Ebony picked out the fabrics herself. Can't you tell! Children have such interesting colour co-ordinating skills when it comes to dressing....LOL


It doesn't look to bad with her little red shoes which she wears with tiny pink socks and a red and pink jacket.


I could not find a pattern to make a skirt. All the ones we picked out of the catalogues at Spotlight were sold out. Don't you hate that!


So...I made up my own. It is far from perfect but it worked out ok.


I have since found a tutorial on the net to make a tiered skirt.


Here is the link http://www.kukyideas.com/journal/2006/07/tiered-skirt-tutorial.html


Thanks to Kuky Ideas.


I am off for a walk now with a friend who lives down the road.


Pics are:


1.skirt front


2. skirt back.


Till next time, Happy stitching.

5 comments:

De said...

Girls ................ demanding arent they? Skirt looks great.

Sarah said...

Kristy, this is just soooo Ebony!!! Looks great!!

Rose Johnston said...

children have the greatest taste!!! Ebony has chosen some beautiful colours and fabrics and i just love the skirt....well done!!!

Locket Pocket said...

Hi Kristy - thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog. Your skirt is beautiful - I used to make clothes for the children when the girls were toddlers but I haven't done anything lately - your skirt inspires me to do some more! I absolutely LOVE your BOM quilt - I am impatiently waiting for our local shop to stock the patterns so I can make one - I love Leanne's style. Take care, Lucy

hannah said...

wow, I love that skirt! Ebony and I have the same favourite colours. you did a good job too, I hope she wears it lots!